We are one of the renowned importers of Cyclohexanol that is widely used as a solvent and a dry cleaning material. Procured from established vendors, this saturated alicyclic alcohol is a clear, oily, hygroscopic liquid with camphor like odor. Cyclohexanol melting point is 240 C and boils at 1610 C. Prepared by the hydrogenation of phenol or oxidation of cyclohexane in liquid-phase, it is extensively used to manufacture adipic acid, a raw material of nylon 6, 6. Used in making soaps and detergents, cyclohexanol act as an intermediate for plasticizers, rubber chemicals, pharmaceuticals, cyclohexylamine and pesticides.
Cyclohexanol offered is also known by the chemical names of Cyclohexyl alcohol; Hexahydrophenol; Hydrophenol; Hexalin; Hydroxycyclohexane and others. Cyclohexanol has molecular formula of C6H12O and molecular weight of 100.15888 g/mol. It has camphor like odor and finds use in making germicides, dry cleaning, soaps, insecticides, plasticizers. Further, its other properties include Hydrogen Bond Donor Count of 1 Hydrogen Bond Acceptor Count of 1, Rotatable Bond Count of 0, Exact Mass of 100.088815 g/mol, Monoisotopic Mass of 100.088815 g/mol, Topological Polar Surface Area of 20.2 A^2 and Heavy Atom Count of 7.
- Cyclohexanol is an important feedstock in the polymer industry, firstly as a precursor to Nylons, but also to various plasticizers.
- Cyclohexanol main application is to manufacture adipic acid which is a raw material of nylon 6, 6.
- It is used as a solvent and a dry cleaning material.
- Cyclohexanol is used in making soaps and detergents.
- It is also used as an intermediate for pharmaceuticals, plasticizers, rubber chemicals, Cyclohexylamine and pesticides.
Product Identification :
- CAS No. – 108-93-0
- EINECS No. – 203-630-6
- Formula – C6H11OH
- Mol Wt. – 100.16
- H.S. Code – 2906.12
- Toxicity – Oral rat LD50: 1400 mg/kg
Physical and Chemical Properties :
- Physical State – clear oily liquid
- Melting Point – 23 – 250 C
- Boiling Point – 1610 C
- Specific Gravity – 0.94 – 0.95
- Solubility in Water – 3.60 (g/100 ml)
- pH – 6.5
- Auto-ignition – 3000 C
- Refractive Index – 1.4641
- NFPA Ratings – Health: 1; Flammability: 2; Reactivity: 0
- Flash Point – 670 C
- Stability – stable under ordinary conditions
Sales Specification :
- Appearance – clear oily liquid
- Content – 99.5% min
- Color – APHA 20 max
- Water – 0.05% max
- Transportation Packing – 190 kgs in drum
- Hazard Class – UN NO. 1986