Meta Xylenediamine (MXDA)
Meta Xylenediamine (MXDA) is an amine based curing agent which can be used with Epoxy Resins & Systems. It is mainly used in applications like Epoxy Floor Coatings (heavy duty protective coatings) to achieve high chemical resistance & fast curing in low temperatures. It is soluble in Ether, Benzene, Water & insoluble in Cyclohexane, N-Hexane etc. It is also called as m-Xylylenediamine.
Advantages of Meta Xylenediamine (MXDA):
- Indirect Cost Saving by reduction in Usage of Material (Less Material to be used compared to IPDA)
- Excellent Chemical Resistance
- Medium Reactivity
- Quick Curing of Material even in extremely low temperatures
- Low Viscosity
- Lower AHEW
Meta Xylenediamine (MXDA) vs Isophorone Diamine (IPDA) Comparison
|Viscosity (mPa/s @ 25℃)||6.8||19 – 20|
|Purity (% Minimum)||99.8||99.7|
|Appearance||Colorless liquid||Colorless liquid|
|Amine Value||824 mgKOH||659 mgKOH|
|(AHEW / phr)||34 / 18.3 g||42.6 / 22.9 g|
Chemical Resistance Comparison:
|10wt% Sulfuric Acid||10wt% Acetic Acid||Toluene||5wt% Salt Spray (35℃ 4 weeks)|
|MXDA Adduct||Excellent (5/5)||Fair (2/5)||Excellent (5/5)||Excellent (5/5)|
|IPDA Adduct||Excellent (5/5)||Poor (1/5)||Fair (2/5)||Poor (1/5)|
Packaging & Storage Information:
- 200 KGS Brand New Original Intact Barrels
- Also available in ISO Tanks.
- Meta Xylenediamine (MXDA) is a sensitive product, therefore it is recommended to be stored in dark & dry conditions and original packing recommended.
- Avoid Light & Moisture